Thursday, May 7, 2009

Selecting the Right Exercise

Finding the right kind of fitness routine is a key to being able to stick with it and be healthy for life. I have tried many different types of exercise. I started out jogging but it is hard to jog when the weather is bad or if the smog alerts are out. A good hard body is really sexy so I needed to find something good to do and the first thing I found was treadmills. They are ok but they really didn’t make me feel like I was getting a full workout. I didn’t want too much of the same motion.

Next I did some checking and found that you can get a good workout from an elliptical and they are easier on your legs in terms of wear and tear. I tried one of my friend’s and I liked it a lot and felt like I had worked a lot of different muscle groups. I like to ride my bike but again it is sometimes difficult and the traffic can get really crazy where I live, so I looked into an exercise bike . I decided the best combination of equipment for me was the elliptical and the exercise bike. I like the bike for when I want to work on my legs but still have it quiet enough in the room to watch TV! I have to be entertained of course!