Wednesday, July 2, 2008

NY's Resolutions - 6 Month Recap!

Thanks to Angie for reminding me to catch up on my 2008 New Years Resolutions. I think I've made some progress!!

1. Improve My Fitness - 100% - in a majour way. Ran my first 5K in May and I can clean the house, walk up and down the stairs and bring groceries in from the car without breaking into a sweat. I find I don't really sweat anymore unless it's on purpose. Last summer I was dying w/ the humidity and now it's not so bad, infact I'm often chilly.

2. Take a Class w/ Hubby -25% - We have couples personal training once a month. Hope to actually take some sort of class together in the Fall.

3. Adopt a More Organic Lifestyle - 75% - have definatly spent more time in the Organics/Health food section of the grocery store but don't buy everything organic. Make an effort too though!

4. Continue My Education - 100% - Completed Small Business Development training from SMU this past Winter.

5. Save - 50% - We started investing for the future. Since Jason works for Scotiabank we invest in bank stock on a bi-weekly basis. We've built up a nice little bit already since January! Credit cards have started to come down as well. Plus a few weekends ago we planned out the next 1.5 years financially - in order to get a lot of our high interest debt paid down before we start a family. I'm feeling a lot more confident about this then I was 6 months ago. Helps that I got a nice raise too :)

6. Better Organize the House - 0% - Yup, still can't find the time to manage everything. :(

7. Keep Up My Appearance - 50% - I'll be honest I'm starting to really enjoy clothes and SHOES! Have been doing something with my hair during the week days and not just tying it back. I'm a work in progress though!

8. Work on Relationships - 50% - I make an effort to catch up w/ the important people and lol, avoid calls from the folks who stress me out.

9. Expand the Family (and think) - Get a puppy and then go from there. - 0% - Although, we have lots of plants that Jason nurtures quite well.....

10. Stay Happy - 25% - Had a really depressing Winter and then the whole work/boss' wife passing away. Really hasn't been the best time in my life BUT the whole situation has forced me to have a better outlook on life!


PS - This is my first official post from my cool new PINK LAPTOP!!! hehehe