Monday, June 16, 2008

Forest Fires and Such...

So I had a bit of a crazy weekend. Friday night we went out w/ Jason's branch to The Argyle for Supper. (Was yummy and mostly healthy, will do a review later) When we came out we heard all these news reports that Porter's Lake had been evacuated and all roads were closed due to huge forest fires. At its largest the fire stretched 15km by 3.5kms.


We had no idea what was going on. I couldn't get a hold of anyone so we ended up staying at our friend's place in Halifax. Saturday the roads were still closed and the fires were still going strong, so we headed out to out to Bayers Lake and stocked up on the essentials. Got these "City Shorts" from Reitmans, LOVE that store so much - everything seems to look good on me! Ended up getting home late Saturday night via back roads, the trip took approx 2.5 hours when I should've taken 30 mins. Was the smoke in the sky even crazy!! Our road was fine though but there's tons of burnt out trees only 2-3 mins away. They started to open a few roads this morning but not the main highway, so Jas took a vacation day. We're open for business but since the highway is still closed, its been pretty quite. I had to run an errand this morning and drove through one of the areas that was badly damaged, was really creepy to see and SO close to many homes. We're very lucky that the wind was blowing the other direction and our road wasn't in danger.

I didn't have my scale w/ me on Saturday morning so I'm using my WI that I did on Friday morning, of 210.4 lbs. I didn't get a chance to track my food this weekend, the power was on/off all day and so was the internet, plus I picked a lot. (I had frozen yogourt for breakfast on Sunday..... I should be reprimanded for that, lol!) Anyways sticking to everything this week and hope to finally be under 210 this coming Saturday!

Current Weight: 210.4
Start Weight: 286.5
Lost This Week: -1.4

I'm crossing my fingers that I can finally make it back to the gym this afternoon. I've managed to get caught up on a lot of work already this morning so I should be able to get out of here on time!

Hope everyone has an awesome Monday!