Monday, April 12, 2010

Food Health-Biting The Bullet

This post could be negative, going over my failures at recent weight loss attempts. Instead, I’m choosing to make it positive.  I rock because:

No matter what, I NEVER give up. I’ve lost over 95 lbs by making lifestyles changes that have stuck.  Going back to the “old” me just isn’t an option because I don’t know that girl anymore.  The new, improved me is educated, knows what she wants and is doing what it takes to reach her goal.

That being said, the mojo just isn’t what it used to be.  Life happens, weight loss stalls.  Sometimes I feel like I’m too “into” it all.  Calories, sodium levels, exercise.  On occasion there’s enough going on inside my poor head to make the world spin.

So, I’m taking a step back and trying not to put so much focus on it all.  I already make healthy choices the majority of the time and I enjoy exercise, so there really shouldn’t be a problem.  I will succeed, and you know what? There is no deadline.  No deadline means nothing to worry about, nothing to stress over.   

Simplicity.  Which is why I re-activated my Weight Watches Online account this morning.  I need to give myself a break, see how far I’ve come and finish what I started at a pace that I enjoy.
 
This morning when I woke up, the sun was shining and I could feel the cool breeze coming from the patio doors.  Definitely has a Fall feel to it.  My favourite season is fast approaching! I love the cooler weather with beautiful sun, the crisp brightly colored leaves, apples, pumpkins & squash and Thanksgiving.  I’m hoping that next Fall we can take a road trip down through New England. 

Breaky was an opened-face egg sandwhich.

HPIM8439
One egg fried in a tsp of olive oil on a slice of Ezekiel toast, organic baby spinach and topped with 10g of melted old cheddar & sliced tomato.

HPIM8443
Along with some lovely Just Us (with organic sugar & splash of organic milk) and a juicy peach.

HPIM8453
HPIM8452
Didn’t get a chance to blog last night because I was too busy making these sinful treats for a wedding shower that I’m attending.

HPIM8429
Chocolate Skor Cupcakes.  Recipe compliments of ZestyCook.  I admit to having a taste last night and they are heavenly!  According to my math they clock in around 300 calories each.  Good thing they are leaving my house today! ;)

HPIM8424
HPIM8437 
Oh and I got our Supper prepped in the fridge.  I used this Balsamic Maple Pork recipe as the marinade (instead of cooking as the recipe directed) and am going to let the pork loin soak all day.  Going to be awesome grilled!

HPIM8462 
I’m off to tidy the house and get ready for the Wedding Shower.  Later!