Friday, April 2, 2010

Perfect Pancakes!

Afternoon everyone, hope you’re all enjoying the long weekend! Yesterday we were on the go all day and I was totally burnt out by Supper time. Today’s been slow though.

My eats were all over the place yesterday, but totally started off the day with a yummy Breaky! I’ve been craving pancakes ever since I saw JavaChick’s post. Thought since we had guests overnight that it would be the perfect time to whip up a batch.


HPIM8221

Yes, they were every bit as good as they looked! I used this recipe from Allrecipes.com LOVE this site BTW, always use it when I need a recipe. Along with the pancakes, I made a quick strawberry topping, just a bag of frozen strawberries simmered with 2 tbsp of sugar. And the light whip cream & fresh blueberries completed the decadent Breaky!


HPIM8220
HPIM8217

Before we headed into the city for Tux fittings, Holly & I each got a good session of cardio in! Mr. Polar says that I burnt 307 calories in 30 mins on the elliptical. Whoot. So yeah, guys got fitted at Moores and then we decided to stop for a late lunch around 2pm. And here’s where the frustration begins… Boston Pizza, oh how you’ve disappointed me. First you get rid of my all time fav healthy option, the California Pizza and THEN you have the nerve to make spinach salad with 460 calories and 40g of fat – and that is without the garlic toast. Grr, so much for my “light lunch.”


HPIM8224

HPIM8227 HPIM8226

Finished up a few more errands in Bayers Lake and then headed home. It was a hot and sunny day and in my defense, it was also before I got the nutrition information for the salad… we stopped for an ice cream. Small cotton candy for me!