Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Food Health-Natural Routine…

Apparently there are some routines that my body won’t let go of, even on weekends.  The 5:15 internal alarm clock being one of them. Guess it gives me time to blog, get caught up and then prepare for the day.

Today is the big community event my work is co-sponsoring.  I spent a lot of time getting stuff prepped and running around yesterday.  Looks like everything should go off without a hitch.  I’ll let you know how it all goes!

Didn’t do anything too crazy last night, just relaxed.  After hearing about Ang & her hubby hitting up the tennis courts, I thought it might be fun to pick up some gear for J & I.  We went up to the courts around 8pm and played for 45 mins or so. The area was lit up but it was getting pretty dark out.  We had a blast and I was sweating like crazy.  (Probably cuz it was still a zillion degrees out!)  We sucked big time though, LOL.  I think we managed to keep the ball going back and forth about 3 or 4 times in total.  The rest of the time we spent running after (and missing) the ball ;)


After tennis I plunked down in front of the TV and watched the movie One Week.  I really like the it, is totally different then anything else that’s out right now. Plus it’s all set right here in beautiful Canada!

When confronted with his mortality, Ben Tyler (Joshua Jackson) impulsively buys a vintage motorcycle and sets off on a road trip that starts in Toronto and ends up on Vancouver Island in the town of Tofino. Humourous, profound and extremely moving, One Week uses the great Canadian landscape as the backdrop to the story of a man and his life’s journey. In the search for himself, he finds out what makes this country, and his life, so beautiful.”
My Weigh-In:
I’m just rocking it since signing up for WWs Online again! This morning Mr. Scale shows me down 3.4 lbs to 189.2 lbs.  I’m almost back to my lowest of 188.8 lbs, should be able to pass that next week!  Oh and lost another point, which puts me at 25 points/day.

Food wise, yesterday was pretty fantastic!  Breaky was a Peachy Parfait. (Another Angie-inspired idea, lol!)   

HPIM8711
I picked up a tub of Liberte Svelte Peach Yogourt at Planet Organic the other day.  I’d never seen this flavour before and was excited to taste it!  I had a serving topped with a fresh sliced peach, 1/2c Kashi Go Lean Crunch and 2 tsps of hemp seeds.  Delish!  This combo held me over for 5 hours, impressive.


HPIM8709 HPIM8713

Late morning I pulled out one of my fav treats of all time to snack on – a Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar!  These are soooo freaking good, I can’t wait for the new PB & Jelly one to arrive in Halifax.

HPIM8716
Along with the salad I had some spicy hummus & Flatbread Factory Organic Black Pepper dippers.

HPIM8718 
The afternoon was hectic and crazy hot… by the time I got off work I drove straight for the ice cream stand to indulge in a small cotton candy cone.  Unfortunately, I was hot and irritated (The AC in my car isn’t working at all. :( Any ideas what this could be?) and couldn’t be bothered to snap a pic. 

Supper was a quick and simple veggie omelette with a side of organic whole wheat toast.  Sorry, these pics are oddly dark, not sure what happened.

HPIM8720 
Omelette was made of free range eggs & whites, organic red, green & yellow peppers, organic onion, old cheddar & a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. 

HPIM8724 
I may have cracked open the bag of Guiltless Gourmet Chipotle Tortillas for an evening munch.  Was my first time having this flavour; I thought they were pretty tasty, quite spicy.  J LOVED em!

HPIM8726
Anyways, off to get ready for the day.  COFFEE time. :) Hope all the Halibloggers are enjoying this beautiful sunshine we finally have! Happy weekend everyone!