Thursday, April 8, 2010

Food Health-Travel Talk

Morning Bloggies!  Just getting into settled into my lovely long weekend, couldn’t sleep in this morning of course but guess it gives me a bit more time to catch up with all of you.

First off, going to ask for all your help!  We’re in the midst of planning a trip to the Dominican Republic for this coming March.  I know many of you have vacationed there, so please, please share your resort recommendations and any other tips etc.  We’re looking for all inclusive & beach front.

I’m thinking of doing a 30 Day Shred challenge with myself for the month of August.  I want to keep my fitness level up and this seems like the perfect way because it’s high intensity but not too long of a work out.  Might be a fun experiment, what do ya think? Anyone interested in doing it with me?

Last night we met with friends downtown for some yummy Dinner at the Mongolie Grill.  It was a beautiful evening to be out, lots of sun and a warm breeze.  The Monoglie is such a fun place to go because you get to pick everything that goes into your stir-fry.  They have huge veggie, meat & sauce stations set up and you get a bowl to go crazy with.  After you make your selections they have a huge open grill in the middle and you can watch your meal being made if you want. So neat and easy to make healthy choices! I think all the Halibloggers should go there for our next gathering. :)

My first course was this very spicy hot & sour soup.

HPIM8208 
My stir-fry was SO freaking good!!  I chose a mix of carrots, snow peas, bean sprouts, red cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, green peppers, a couple scallops, a spoonful of baby shrimpies, some shanghai noodles and topped with a combo of curry & mongolie sauces.

HPIM8212
HPIM8210
I left the restaurant nicely full. :)  The four of us headed back to the house, started talking about our trip to the Dominican Republic this coming March! (Just looking at the pics online made me so giddy and it’s 7 months away, lol!)  We’re going to talk to a travel agent before booking anything but I appreciate all your recommendations!   I sipped on a nice mug of coffee while browsing the pics.

HPIM8214 
We spent the rest of the evening watching the movie 12 Rounds, which I thought was awesome, very action packed!  And, I wasn’t the first person to fall asleep, hehe!!!  Actually made it through the entire thing.  Must have been due to all the rest I got in the afternoon.

Guess I should go back and re-cap the rest of the day. Was really nothing special though…Breaky was a bowl of Kashi Organic Cinnamon Harvest cereal with a bit of icy milk. Some how my fridge temperature settings got turned WAY low and a lot of my produce and milk froze. Not Cool. :(  Glass of organic OJ too.

HPIM8196 
I spent 2 hours at the hospital waiting to get blood work and then stopped for a few groceries.  On the way out picked up Subway for lunch. My dreams of getting another lobster sandwich were just that, dreams.  Boo.  Instead, I had an old favourite, the Club.  Not as good as I remembered.  Processed meat just does nothing for me anymore, oh expect cause extreme bloat.  I got in 4L of h20 yesterday and am still majorly bloated this morning.  6” club on whole wheat w/ jack cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, pickles and a bit of mayo.

HPIM8200 
It was hot out, so I indulged in a small Moon Mist cone. (They were all out of cotton candy.)  Ice cream and I are getting along quite well this summer.. haha, I only stop for one every other day. ;)

HPIM8203
Spent the afternoon in bed until I had to get up to tidy up the house and prep for our night out. 

Alright, that’s it… I’m off.  Please remember to leave your DR travel recommendations! Thx.

lynn