Friday, April 23, 2010

Finishing It Off

Hey Bloggies, I’m back again to finish off the day. I didn’t do much this afternoon except browse the latest issues of Eating Well & Best Health magazines. Sad, I know. I wish I was on a true vacation so that I could be all fun and active. Best Health magazine is really neat though, and initially caught my eye because it’s a Canadian publication. (!!!) It’s very Self-like, with sections on Looking Great, Getting Healthy, Eating Well & Embracing Life. I really like the fact that all the products referenced I can actually find around here. Plus it’s full of quality content and reasonably priced!


HPIM7811
While browsing the mags, I did enjoy a 1/2c of Bay of Fundy Mudslide ice cream that my Dad was awesome enough to drop off yesterday. I am so spoiled. Actually, just pretty damn lucky enough to have parents that will drive an hour out of their way just to bring me tylenol, ice cream & OJ. :) This stuff is seriously yummy, won’t last long in the freezer!

”For the adventurous ice cream lover, explore a sweet assortment of decadent flavours including a thick tide of caramel surrounding chunks of chocolate-covered peanut butter cups, atop a blanket of rich chocolate ice cream”


HPIM7804

Around 5ish, I decided to make a smoothie/slushie since my throat was killing and the belly was growling! Into the blender went – 1c strawberries, 1/2c blueberries, 1/2c unsweetened vanilla almond breeze & 1c water. Gave it a whirl…


HPIM7807

Came out rather slushie-like. Plus it’s low in cals, around 125 for this entire huge glass! Just look at all those crunchy seeds, they totally made it awesome! I know, I’m weird – who likes the seeds? LOL


HPIM7806
When J got home we went up to the bank, dropped off a perscription and then headed over to the Superstore to pick up a few things that I’d missed this morning. IE: the 50lb box of cat litter. ;)

*Insert Rant*
Ever since Angie posted about the Lobster Sub’s big return I have been wanting one. I made up my mind to try and have some solid food for Supper. Got to Subway and they have all the lobster meat but aren’t allowed to actually make the sandwich because they don’t have their promo posters up yet. WTF????? I was sooooooo disappointed and pretty much let the worker know that. Why would you even bother to tell me that you had the meat if you couldn’t serve it to me? I was a bit caught off guard so I went for the Roast Chicken Breast instead. Was not that same and totally sucked. Gah. Oh well, we’re probably going to head into the city tomorrow and I will get one then.
*End Rant*


HPIM7808

6” Roast Chicken Breast on whole wheat w/ jack cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, green peppers, banana peppers, a bit of mayo & chipotle sauce.

Along with 3/4 bag of French Onion Sun chips


HPIM7809
I shoulda just had the rest of my soup and some yogourt. Oh well. So this is me on track, 1500 calories and not a bite more!

J is now officially on vacation so we’re going to watch a movie tonight. Haha, we’ll see how long I make it.