Friday, February 19, 2010

Mmm Stir-Fry Goodness

It was one of those nights were I needed to make a quick, healthy and tasty dinner. I hit up the gymbo right after work so I was later than usual getting home and hungry hungry hungry. I had chicken defrosted and thought stir-fry would hit the spot.

Luckily hubby got home before me and was able to prep the veggies and chicken. In my (non-stick) pan went thinly sliced green, red, orange and yellow bell peppers, diced onions and sliced chicken breast strips with some garlic power and crushed red pepper.

HPIM2349
I threw a couple of veggie spring rolls in the oven while the food cooked in the pan and then got the rice noodles on. These guys are so easy to make – place noodles in large pot, bring kettle full of water to boil, pour water in pot until noodles are completely submerged and let sit for 7 mins. Strain.

HPIM2352
Once the veggies & chicken are fully cooked add whatever sauce you have on hand to the mixture…. we had sweet and sour. Let simmer.

HPIM2351
Top noodles with stir-fry et voilà …. a 20 min meal!

HPIM2355
HPIM2367
HPIM2363
For a total of 10 very filling points. Veggies (0), Sweet & Sour Sauce (2), Chicken Breast (3) Rice Noodles (2) Spring Roll w/ spicy sauce (3) . Alternatively you could save 3 points by eliminating the spring roll and adding more veggies to the plate.

HPIM2360
What’s new with me you ask? Personally, this is the worst week of the year ever. After having nearly 2 weeks off it was a bit difficult getting back into routine. Coffee has been my best friend. :)

However, I have managed to do a lot better food-wise, I can already see the difference in the way my clothes fit. Yah!! For a moment there I was scared because I had no idea what I was going to wear if I couldn’t drop the water weight. ;) Plus I’ve managed to up the exercise and have developed a little running schedule until my half training clinic starts in a few weeks. I figured it’s a good idea to get used to running on the Wintery streets around here. I’ve been playing around with layers + temperatures and think I’ve got a good idea of what I need to be wearing.

To top it off, I’ve been taking major care with my appearance of late and it feels good. I had no type of skin-care routine for a long time, sometimes I’d even go to bed without even washing my face. I know, shameful. :( But I really am pretty clueless when it comes to this stuff. I used a Neutrogena cleansing cream for awhile and didn’t really see any difference so I stopped. But I am getting older and have started to notice it in my face. Over the holidays, I made it a point to stop in at Shoppers and ask for a face cream recommendation from the cosmetics department. Based on my dry, sensitive skin she suggested that I try Bioderma’s Sensibio products They were a little pricey but so far, so good. Has anyone else used this products, yah or nay?

HPIM2370
Plus, since I got my hair done last week, I’ve managed to style it every day…..AND I’ve spent time each morning doing my make-up thanks to Cat’s wonderful gift and helpful hints!

I’ve actually gotten quite a few compliments on my appearance lately. It shocks me every time especially since I’ve gained a few and feel like it’s noticeable. (Hope this doesn’t sound all braggy, totally not what I intended!)

It’s taken me about an hour each morning. Note: that is roughly 45 mins longer than my usual routine. Hopefully I can keep it up!

Yikes, this post is getting long. Hope you’re all having a wonderful week full of fresh starts and new routines! :)