Saturday, February 20, 2010

What a Weekend!

Hard to believe I’m sitting down to watch Brothers & Sisters already, weekends always fly by. I’m getting really excited for this coming week though, it’s going to be jam packed with tons of fun times with good friends, plus its Thanksgiving – my favourite holiday!

I got to bed a little later than usual last night but was still up by 5:30am because of our little furry babies… :-S Weekends are great though, because I can make Breaky a little later than usual and it eliminates my need for a snack mid-morning.

This morning’s grub was some yummy scrambled eggs and toast.

HPIM0442
My scramble included 1 egg, 1 egg white, 15g melty old cheddar & 1 tbsp real bacon bits. Slice of crispy whole wheat toast.

HPIM0440
My Mom came over later in the morning; she brought J his b-day card and was surprised me with a basket of fresh Autumn goodies too! Apple Crisp anyone?!

HPIM0476
We had no real plans in mind so we headed over to the Farmers Market to pick up some fresh produce. On the way there I stopped for a much needed coffee. There really is nothing better than JustUs! Silly me bought some French Vanilla Maxwell House to try but I couldn’t even drink it this morning. Double YUCK! :-X I was quick to make a trip to the grocery store to pick up a bag of JustUs in time for my Monday morning coffee.

HPIM0450
For lunch I whipped us up a batch of the wonderful Curried Cauliflower Soup that I discovered a few weeks ago. I really can’t say enough about this recipe, very tasty and 100% healthy; it was perfect for this chilly day.

HPIM0451
With a generous slice of crusty Calabrese bread smeared with a bit of real butter for dipping.

HPIM0457
HPIM0454
Mom and I enjoyed a rather long lunch sitting around the table chatting, we eventually finished it up with some fresh coffee and a slice of heaven.

HPIM0462
We moved into the livingroom for a old good old fashion game of Scrabble. Mom kicked both of our butts as usual. I sipped on some leftover Riesling while we played.

HPIM0482
Dinner was more Better Butter Chicken w/ basmati rice & naan. I really enjoy cooking so much for now, it’s a blast whipping up yummy tasting healthy dishes!

HPIM0485
HPIM0487
I admit my weekend was full of indulgences but I did get a work out in this afternoon and I don’t feel guilty at all for celebrating the Hubby’s B-day. That cake was worth every single fantastic calorie! ;) FYI, the recipe is here for those wanting it.

Night!