Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More Festive Fun

HPIM2109

And last but not least, we went out to celebrate Holly’s birthday on Saturday night. We got all dolled up (although I was lazy and didn’t curl my hair like planned). And, I finally got a chance to wear the most fabulous pair of shoes that I own!!! I bought these BCBGirls last Boxing Day and had been waiting for the perfect occasion. This was it. I was pretty excited and admired them all night. LOL


IMG_1228
Then a cup of Spicy Asian soup. YUM!

IMG_1224
My main stir fry was HUGE. I love taking home a doggy bag, this place has the best leftovers.

IMG_1229
On my plate was a delicious mix of scallops, shrimp, snow peas, water chestnuts, carrots, green peppers, onions, broccoli, purple cabbage, bean sprouts, cauliflower, sundried tomatoes, a few shanghai noodles and rice noodles. Mixtures of sauces included mongolie house, curry and schezwan.

IMG_1232
IMG_1230
After dinner we ATTEMPTED to have a few drinks and dessert at The Fireside. I had such a great experience there before so I was quick to suggest it. Unfortunately, big fat FAIL. As the sign said, we seated ourselves, checked out the martini menu and waited, and waited and waited. For 20 minutes. I made eye contact with 2 different servers several times and no one bothered to come take our order. We walked out. I will never go back. Hubby did go up to the bartender as we were leaving to say that we weren’t impressed. No real response.