Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blogging Live From The Patio!!

What an awesome evening; sun’s setting with a lovely warm breeze!  J is going to be late getting home tonight so I took my dinner outside and decided it was nice enough to blog out here too!

So, let see… I just finished listening to a podcast that Tara Costa (from last season’s Biggest Loser) did with Its Your Health Radio.  She touched on many things such as what her life was life before dropping the weight, the whole Biggest Loser Experience, how different people treated her once she was thin, and her plans for the future, which include a book deal – can’t wait for this!!  Tara was my fav contestant hands down and she really is such an inspiration.   Check it out for yourself here.

My day was pretty uneventful.  Work and home.  Can’t say that I don’t enjoy that routine though, because I’m still feeling pretty darn exhausted.

Going to change it up a bit and re-cap backwards today!  I wanted to make sure that I completed Amy’s 5th Challenge, which was to make a dish that featured whole grains.  Originally, I was going to make something with quinoa (in hopes that it might taste better the second time around) but then I realized that I had already used up a lot of the ingredients the recipe called for. Opps.  Instead, I made a Chicken Veggie Stir Fry over Brown Rice.  

HPIM8163 
This dish was pretty tasty if I do say so myself!  It featured – chicken breast,  red, green & orange bell peppers, regular & yellow zucchini, onions, carrots, green onions, a splash of OJ, some honey hoisin sauce and a sprinkle of sesame seeds on a bed of brown rice.


HPIM8158
As you can see I had to use the BBQ as my table.  We threw out our old patio furniture a few weeks ago and are in desperate need of a new set.  I’m hoping (well waiting) there will be some majors sales on towards the end of the Summer.

There was no snack this afternoon as I wasn’t feeling to hot at all. 

Warning – my lunch pictures aren’t the greatest because I had to snap them in secret! ;)

Lunch was more of the left over homemade thin crust pizza.

HPIM8155
Along with a big container of fresh farmers market veggies.  Mmm peas right out of the pod, so yummy!!  Apparently, I was paying close attention when I peeled the carrots at 530am. ;)

HPIM8154
Dessert was a cup of defrosted strawberries.

HPIM8157 
The mid-morning snack was a Sticky Fruit Seed Granola square.  Mmm, these babies are so good!

HPIM8151 
Breaky this morning was so much fun! Why? Because I ate it on the patio as well!  There’s something so peaceful about sitting outside in the cool, beautiful morning.

I threw together an egg sammie to fill me up!    Wasn’t sure if cream cheese & egg exctly went together, but lucky for me they seemed to.  This was a toasted Ezekiel English Muffin with cream cheese, fresh chives, spinach and and egg. 


HPIM8143
HPIM8140

That was my day in a nutshell, I’ll be glad when I’m able to do some intense exercise again.  I’ve got a doctor’s appointment on Friday, so hopefully this will shed some light on the situation.
J just called, he’ll be home shortly (and with frozen yogourt!) so I’m off. Oh, and totally forgot to mention that tomorrow is my Friday! Yipppeee!!!  Extra extra long weekend due to the Holiday on Monday.