Sunday, May 16, 2010

Farmers Market Adventures

Over the past few weeks I’ve heard rumours of a Farmers Market in Musquodoboit Harbour.  The communities along the Eastern Shore seem to be finally getting on the local/organic bandwagon which makes me SO happy!  Of course, I just had to check it out and promptly got J out of bed at 730am this morning to do just that! ;) 

It’s about a 10 minute drive to “The Harbour.” (As we say around here.) I didn’t have anything to eat before we left so I rummaged around in my purse for a quick bite… I always seem to have a Larabar when in need!  Shared with with hubby.

HPIM7232 HPIM7233

Made a quick stop at Dobbit Bake House for a cup of my fav Just Us dark roast.  Mmm, totally hit the spot!

HPIM7237
I felt very summery today in my cute dress and new sandals.  Too bad the weather the weather was pretty grey.


I have to admit I was pretty excited to see what my community had to offer and they did NOT disappoint!  


HPIM7240
HPIM7243 
I snagged tons of fresh produce including spinach, red swiss chard, beet greens, radish & rhubarb! Mmm, I tried to pick up beet greens earlier in the week but they were all out when I got to the store.  Can’t wait to have them for supper tonight!