Monday, May 3, 2010

Cook Book Heaven!

I found the BEST cookbook EVER yesterday!!! 1000 Low Fat, Salt, Sugar, Cholesterol Healthy Recipes.

HPIM7876
Got it from Value Village of all places for only $12.99! Weeee I’m just SUPER excited to try some of the fabulous-looking recipes out!  Look how thick it is:

HPIM7877
All the pages are thick glossy color and each recipe includes the nutrition information!!
 
HPIM7878
Some other good news, my exciting weigh in…

Current Week:  192.4
Last Week: 195.4
Result: –3.0 lbs

Whoot!!!Who woulda thought that calorie counting actually works?! LOL, yup, since I can’t do much strenuous activity I’ve been really watching my calorie intake.  This is the biggest loss I’ve had in such a long time, I can’t believe how close to the 180's I’m getting!!!!
So back tracking a bit…
I woke up yesterday morning and wanted a blueberry muffin so I opted to whip up a batch since there were some frozen organic berries still in the freezer.  These turned out to be extra special because I also incorporated an ounce of chia seeds into the recipe!  Was my first time using chia seeds and they added a nice little crunch, along with a bazillion health benefits to the muffins. 


HPIM7860
Severed hot out of the oven with a smidge of olive oil becel, along with a side of cottage cheese and the last of the fresh berries. Oh and can’t forget the coffee!

HPIM7858 
I finally decided to try a bit of exercise by stretching it out with a yogadownload.com Sun Salutations Flow  session.  This was purchased awhile back but my first time trying it out.  Really liked it a lot, there was a lot of repetition but by the end of it all I felt so much all over!

Post yoga, I munched on one of Jaime’s fantastic Sticky Fruit Seed bars. So delicious!!

HPIM7865
Lunch time arrived so I stuck on some english muffin mini pizzas.  Topped with tomato paste, spices, red, green & orange bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, old cheddar & a bit of feta. Mmmm!

HPIM7872  
HPIM7868
And a froyo waffle cone for dessert.

HPIM7867
We did head out to do a bunch of errands – bottle return, visit with my Dad and our little Value Village excursion. I was EXHAUSTED when we got home and had to lay down for a bit.  Got a late Supper on a bit later… my camera batteries died while taking the pics and I was too lazy to change them, so I have one pic from supper.

Dindin was pork loin with mushrooms & onions, organic carrots with a bit of becel and spicy sweet potato fries. 

HPIM7875 
I did have a bit more froyo later on.  In total my day was 1725 calories, which I am completely happy with because Saturday is always my higher cal day.

No plans for today because I REALLY want to relax and hopefully get back to work for tomorrow, even if just got 1/2 day.  Off to catch up on your blogs now!