Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Week 1 Results – Amy’s Challenge

I will take it! The scale is going down and that’s all that matters.  The first week of Amy’s Challenge was really enjoyable, I LOVED the work out and enjoyed re-vamping my recipe!!  It’s pretty easy to stay on track when I’m having fun doing it. :)

My Homemade Cheese Sauce Recipe is here for those interested.

This morning I actually slept in until almost 8:45am! Well I got up around 5:30 am for a bit but then I feel back asleep. This NEVER happens to me, so I feel pretty rested!  Unfortunately I missed my early Saturday morning run, but will try and get it in later this afternoon.  We do have some errands to run with friends – involving one of my favourite activities – Shoe Shopping, specifically buying her wedding shoes!!!   And I’m also going to try and stop by Telus and see about getting a Black Berry. 

Quickly put a pot of oats on the stove this morning while we tided the house.  This turned out to be terrific batch!

HPIM7450
My bowl had 1/2 c Unsweetened Almond Breeze, 1/2 chopped organic banana, 1/2 tbsp ground flax, 1 tbsp organic peanut butter, sliced almonds, mini chocolate chips & shredded unsweetened coconut.  Was very coconutty, Yummy!!

HPIM7447
I didn’t get a chance to post last night’s Supper so…

We had the fresh sausages and homemade buns that we picked up at the Farmers Market last weekend.  The sausage we SO GOOD – spicy and flavourful.  They were like the Liberte Yogort, once you have them you can’t go back to others!  Plus they were organic and made from grass feed/hormone free pork AND low sodium.  It just can’t get any better. I’m going to pick up more tomorrow.

Topped the bun with fresh onions, baby spinach & a squeeze of mustard.

HPIM7445 
Made a huge side salad to go with the sausages.  The last of the fresh spinach strawberries, feta and sliced almonds.  Drizzled with Poppyseed dressing.

HPIM7443
HPIM7441