Monday, May 31, 2010

Lobster Fest!!

Can’t believe it’s 8pm already, where did my evening go?  Today was one of those Mondays, you know an in need-of-coffee-every-few-hours type Monday.  The weekend tired me out completely. I’m old and need my rest. Where has my youth gone? ;)

I’m really looking forward to tomorrow though… first night of boot camp! WoooooooWhooooo!  I got some serious lunch packing/house organizing done after work today and just need to get my workout gear together.  There are so many of us registered too.  It’s gonna be an absolute blast and I can’t thank Booty Camp Fitness enough for providing me with this awesome opportunity!!

Overall my day was fairy decent.  This morning I warmed a piece of whole grain baguette in the microwave and topped with peanut butter for a yummy breaky.  As well, had half an organic banana on the side.

HPIM7061

HPIM7062 
Got in to work and sipped my coffee while reading the news.

HPIM7064
Mid-morning I had another wonderful “On The Glo” bar.  These are SO good, I will be making them again!  Just look at all that healthy goodness!

HPIM7065  
Lunch time is where my post title finally comes into effect.  I’m a pretty lucky gal because I was given some fresh lobster yesterday! :) Mmm, I LOVE lobster!  I just couldn’t resist making a sandwich for my lunch today.  Was simply lobster meat mixed with a bit of Hellman’s mayo and baby spinach, wrapped in a Ezekiel tortilla.  Mmm!!!

HPIM7072
Side of cucumber as usual.

HPIM7066 
I had brought a container of those organic strawberries for dessert.  (You’ll recall I bought that at the end of last week.) Well turns out they were moldy.  I was pretty annoyed, obviously organic produce doesn’t last as long as the chemically treated. Boo. Oh well, I’m going to have a freezer full of fresh Nova Scotia berries soon enough! ;)

I ate my afternoon snack with lunch instead. My fav Strawberry Liberte yogurt.

HPIM7074
After work I munched on the rest of the Nacho Skinny Chips while I got my cooking plans all sorted.

HPIM7075 
I got right to it and made a huge pot of spicy sausage penne for our lunches this week.    Supper was more lobster, curried potato salad and a spinach/strawberry salad.  Felt like a special meal for some reason.

HPIM7076
HPIM7077
The potato salad was simply a mix of chopped, boiled potatoes, one egg, green onions & PC Curry Mayo, sprinkled with a bit of paprika.  Easy peasy. ;)

HPIM7078
Unfortunately this pic came out blurry.  It was just a mix of baby spinach, the few remaining strawberries that weren’t moldy, red onion, sliced almonds and Calorie-Wise Poppy Seed dressing.

HPIM7079  
So my eats were pretty decent. Approx 1600 calories.  No real exercise other than my stroll home, body needs a break.

I’m off to get the rest of my list done before bed. :)
lynn