Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fun Times on a Friday Night

First off, Booty Camp starts at 6:00pm on Tuesday evening for all those asking! Clayton Park Mainland North Common. See map here.

Don’t ya just adore beautiful summer evenings?! Yesterday was our second day of SUN here in Halifax (haha, seriously though!) and it was the perfect night for a casual dinner downtown! Parking was a bit tough to find because it’s a busy weekend with the Paul McCartney show and the Atlantic Jazz Festival, but I managed and met up with J and another couple for dinner at The Fireside.
This was my first time eating there and I was pretty impressed with the atmosphere, kind of a mix between laidback and contemporary. The menu was awesome, tons of variety and for a downtown location, the food was dirt cheap.

Spending an hour at the Registry of Motor Vehicles after work on Friday definitely deserves a glass of wine, don’t you think? ;) Of course I chose a local Foch!


HPIM7589


Mmm, went perfectly with my dinner, which was the Portabello sandwich. “Marinated in red wine, olive oil and herb, grilled and topped with goal cheese, euro mix, alfalfa sprouts and pesto mayo. Served with sweet potato and beet chips.”


HPIM7592

After dinner we had a nice stroll with the sun setting and made our way over to The Westin (where we got married!) for a HILARIOUS night of comedy at YukYuks. I’d never been to a live comedy show and had a BLAST! Think I laughed nonstop for 2.5 hours straight. I had no idea what I was missing. We will be going again soon. This was one of the best nights out I’ve had in a long time!

We didn’t get home until almost mid-night and now here I am up at 5am getting ready to go berry picking with Farm Girl & Angie. (Have a feeling it’s going to be any early night.) We’re heading down to the beautiful Annapolis Valley where Farm Girl is from, and I actually spent the first 8.5 years of my life. I just LOVE it down there, one of my fav places in the entire world.

Anyways, food. Yes, the rest of my Friday was wonderful! I started off the morning with a fresh whole grain roll spread with yucky green top peanut butter. I’m all out of my PB so I had to settle for Kraft. I can’t believe the difference in taste between organic and the stuff with fillers. Crazy.


HPIM7577
Trying to finish off the carton off organic OJ before it expires. Sorry for the crappy pic.

HPIM7579
Had the last organic nectarine for my morning snack. It was so juicy and tasty.

HPIM7582
For lunch I had my fav Amy’s Cheddar Burrito and a side salad.

HPIM7584
The salad was a mix of organic greens, yellow peppers, mushrooms & cucumbers. Drizzled with french dressing.

HPIM7585 HPIM7586

Fresh blueberries for dessert……I just love Summer for all it’s fresh produce!

HPIM7587
And that was my day. Think I managed well and made decent, healthy choices. Off to have some Breaky and get ready for our fun day