Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Feeling More Like Me

I’m happy to announce that I was able to stay the full day at work without collapsing from exhaustion!  It was great.  I am rather tired now but that’s why I have a laptop - so I can browse from my comfy bed. ;)
 
So, much to my utter disapointment it looks like Jillian has left her radio show for the time being. :(  I was so bummed when I went to download her latest podcast this morning and this is what I found:

”Hey Listeners
Hope you are having a fabulous summer! I'm going to be taking a break from radio, but I'll still be out there...connecting with you in other ways. Keep in touch with me at jillianmichaels.com. Thank you as always for your commitment to yourself and your health. Until then, stay true to who you are.
Jillian”

NOOOO!!  Listening to her podcasts were one of my fav ways to walk home.  As soon as I saw this I headed to her message board, and one of the admins stated that she was only temporarily leaving the show.  I’ll believe it when I see it.  *Crosses Fingers*  Luckily, I have 2 years worth of her podcasts already saved on my PC and was able to go back on MediaFly.com and download all the way back to September of 2006 too.   These things are so awesome guys, just full of all kinds of information on health, fitness and wellness.

On to Breaky,  I had a lovely smoothie this morning.
My glass had:
  • 1c almond breeze
  • 1/2c strawberries
  • 1/2 organic banana
  • 1/4c organic raspberries
  • 1/4c organic blueberries
  • 1c organic spinach
  • 1/2 tbsp flax seed
  • 1/2 tsp chia seed

HPIM8007
Also munched on a 1/2 cup of the newest Kashi Cereal to hit Canada, Organic Cinnamon Harvest.  Was awesome, I can’t wait to have a big bowl tomorrow!


HPIM8009
This combo held me over quite nicely, from about 530am all the way til after 11am. Love it when this happens.  I broke for a light snack, enjoyed a peanut butter oat cake.

HPIM8014
Lunch was some of the frozen spaghetti & meat/veggie sauce.  Nothing special, but it did the trick.

HPIM8015
Some strawberry cottage cheese for dessert.  This is President’s Choice brand – pretty tasty and lower in sodium than most cottage cheeses.

HPIM8017
Mid-afternoon I snacked on the last organic nectarine.  So juicy. Mmm!!

HPIM8021 
I’m definitely saving the best for last, because Supper tonight was AWESOME!!!! Spicy Black Bean Burritos.  I combined this recipe  this recipe to make the ultimate burrito!!

HPIM8028 
These were jalapeno tortillas stuffed with any amazing mix of organic black beans, red peppers, jalapeno, onions, garlic, fresh cilantro, light cream cheese, baby spinach, cumin, coriander, chilli pepper  red pepper flakes.  Topped with a bit of old cheddar, diced tomatoes and chipotle salsa.

HPIM8027 
HPIM8022 
So that was my day. No exercise but I’m cool with it!
Nite!

lynn