Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Monday!

Seriously, who’s happy on Monday?  Strangely ME!  Today was fantastic; tons of stuff accomplished at work making the day just breeze by.  LOVE it when that happens.   FYI – Today’s post is going to be a little bit of everything.
We started planning our camping trip this past weekend.  Going two weekends from now to beautiful Dollar Lake with another couple.  We’re staying 3 nights and I’m pretty excited.  The lake is AWESOME for swimming and apparently there are some hiking trails that I’m SOO checking out! Hehehe.  I’m trying to plan my meals/cooking arrangements etc.  Need to eat healthy even when on Vacay! :) Going  to bring lots of pre-cut fruits & veggies, instant oatmeal for breaky.  Definitely plan to have a ‘smore or two though!

I’ve got a little situation and would love your feedback:
I started training for my first 10K just after Christmas. I finally did it and then made plans to train for a Half Marathon.  However, since running the 10K, I haven’t really felt “into it".  I still managed to get 2-3 smaller runs/week but no big urge for the usual Sunday LSD.  Boot camp has been really fun (and a great work out!), but I feel guilty for not sticking to my half schedule.  Maybe I’m just bored of running and need a break. Anyone else every been in this type of slump?  Thoughts/ideas?

My food for the day was pretty yummy.   For breaky, I had a mix of Liberte Mediterranee Vanilla Yogurt, Kashi Crunch  fresh strawberries.


HPIM7509
I picked up the yogurt this past weekend and was happy to discover that it now comes in 750 ml containers instead 500 ml. Mmm divine! 
 
HPIM7512 HPIM7513

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, there is simply nothing better than a steamy cup of coffee on a Monday morning! ;)

HPIM7514
I finally got to snack on one of those Rhubarb Cupcake/Muffins. They were good and tasted healthy.  (I did use whole wheat flour and added flax to the mix.)

HPIM7516
 
For lunch I had the cheesy chicken orzo dish and a side of salad. 

HPIM7520