Saturday, May 22, 2010

Canadians Rock!

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians!! I am so proud and lucky to be a citizen of this wonderful country!

I actually ended up working today and have Friday off, so my day wasn’t too exciting.    In fact, the most thrilling part of my day was when I got home and did my first session of Amy’s Workout Wednesday series.  It was a great 12 minute mini work out for sure!!  Lots of the same moves from Booty Camp.  Damn bicycle crunches get me every time! ;)

It’s pretty grey and bleak out here; AKA great running weather.  Plans to head out in a few for a 4K.

Getting into the food… Breaky was cold cereal.  A mix of PC Organics 7 Reasons cereal and Barbara’s Peanut Butter Puffins.  Too bad the Puffins were a tad on the stale side. 

HPIM7362
Topped with some delicious fresh strawberries.

HPIM7364
I headed over to work and was pretty busy all morning. Luckily not many people knew we were in, so not a lot of phones ringing!! Gotta love that!  I took a break mid-morning to snack on a Cosmic Cookie.

HPIM7365
For lunch I had the last of the crust less quiche.  Again, was tasty but the texture was just nasty – rubber-like.

HPIM7368 
Along with that I also had a salad – just a simple mix of baby spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, a sprinkle of feta and a few croutons.

HPIM7369 
I munched on last of the organic cherries while reading a few more chapters of My Sisters Keeper.  This book is awesome, I’m almost done and only got it yesterday.  I’m predicting the movie just won’t be as good.

HPIM7372 
I couldn’t keep away from my desk drawer for too long…Mmmm chocolate.

HPIM7367
Decided to have some total comfort food for Supper.  Homemade Mac & Cheese with a huge side of broccoli!  Was fantastic and great pre-run fuel – lots of complex carbs, fibre and protein.

HPIM7374 
One serving of whole wheat elbow macaroni covered in home made cheese sauce. 

HPIM7375
I’m also pleased to announce that even though we had a fridge full of fresh greens/veggies, none of them are going to waste.  We almost need to stock up again!
HPIM7376
So going for a run and then hoping to finish my book.  Tomorrow will be a busy day because I have work and a car appointment.  Hopefully I make it in time for Booty Camp.

lynn