Friday, May 14, 2010

Reno Day!

The master bedroom is ALMOST done!!!  Yah, we finally got the oak flooring put in and it looks great with the paint color that I chose for the walls!  The only thing we have left to do is the moulding and that will be done (hopefully) next weekend!  (These pics aren’t the best b/c the lighting is weird in our room but you’ll get the idea.)

Before:
Plain white walls with beige carpet.


HPIM6750
HPIM6751

After:
Sage coloured walls with oak flooring!  I must say, I’m pretty impressed with how much these 2 changes update the look of the room.  Can’t wait to get started on the rest of the house!!

HPIM7223
HPIM7225
My parents were over to help us with the flooring so I made us home made pizzas for lunch.  Used a basic dough recipe and added some ground flax for added chew & nutrition.   Here’s their pizza with the “works.”

HPIM7210  
Our pizza was split down the middle as usual. :) 
HPIM7212
My side had loads of red & green peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, prosciutto, a very small sprinkle of real bacon and 3 cheese blend. Mmm, was restaurant quality!

HPIM7219
HPIM7217 
Dessert was a handful of organic cherries and some very fresh, juicy pineapple.


HPIM7221 
Recaping a bit…
So, my morning was pretty busy.  Woke up around 6am and immediately headed out the door for a quick 3K run.  I knew that if I didn’t get it in before the renos started that I wouldn’t actually do it.   Very glad I was smart and planned ahead, because I’m tired now and just want to sit on the couch and do nothing for the rest of the evening!

Anyways, once I got back from my run I jumped in the shower and then made us a yummy “brunchy” breakfast. 

HPIM7202
I have been craving bacon for a few weeks now so I bought a package last night.  Did well, only had one piece (split in two) but it totally satisfied the craving.  Nice, I LOVE it when my body and mind cooperates :)  I find it so much easier to just have a little of something when I’m craving it, than to ignore it and try to satisfy it with other things.  NEVER works and I just end up it all those things plus what I was originally craving,  which, of course, wrecks havoc on the ol’ calorie budget. 

Along with the bacon was an egg and an Ezekiel english muffin with a 1/2 cup of organic OJ.  Mmm delicious!

HPIM7204
No morning is complete with out a splash of coffee…

HPIM7207
And some love from my beautiful kitties!