Thursday, March 4, 2010

Eat Atlantic Dinner Party!

In the spirit of the Eat Atlantic Challenge – a few of the Halibloggers are planning a small dinner party on Friday night. I’m really excited to see what tasty eats we can all come up with! Should be a fantastic night full of yummy local food and lots of laughs. :) If you’re Atlantic Canadian and have yet to make your pledge, head over and sign up now!

The Eat Atlantic Challenge is a promotion aimed at encouraging Atlantic Canadians to eat only food produced in Atlantic Canada for a day, on September 4. The primary goal is to promote the economic, health and environmental benefits of eating food that is produced here in Atlantic Canada

logo_eat.gif For more info check out their official sites:

http://www.eatatlantic.ca/

Follow on Twitter

Join Facebook Page

-----
A few people have been asking for the roll recipe I used this past weekend. I uploaded it earlier today and it can now be found here.

My eats today were yummy, filling & fairly healthy. Breaky was another morning of ezekiel toast with peanut butter & sliced bananas.

HPIM9216
Was a busy day at work. Snuck in a quick snack, a handful of Simple Pleasures Spice Snaps. I love these guys for dipping!

HPIM9217
Lunch was a plate of leftovers from Sunday’s roast chicken dinner. I had 2oz of meat, 1/2 c mashed taters, 1/4 c stove top and 1/2 c carrots. Wasn’t too bad microwaved. I also had 1 square of organic dark chocolate that a co-worker gave me.

HPIM9218
Another fantastic Supper! In case you hadn’t noticed, we really haven’t been eating a lot of meat lately. After seeing Food Inc., I wanted to try and buy as much local/free range/organic meat as possible. Unfortunately, that’s harder than it seems, mainly because it involves me driving all the way over to Planet Organic. Since I’m lazy, I’ve just been making more meat free meals and am slowly using up the last of the nasty toxic meat that’s in our freezer. Tonight is an example. Have to admit though, the toxic meat was pretty tasty! ;)

I present, homemade philly cheesesteaks!

HPIM9244
I thinly sliced 6oz of beef round steak, fried (olive oil) in a skillet with sliced onions, green peppers, yellow peppers, garlic powder, pepper and small amounts of A1 sauce, Worcestershire sauce & BBQ sauce. Placed the mixture into 3 flax seed buns, sprinkled with old cheddar and then under the broiler for 5 mins.

HPIM9223
HPIM9229
HPIM9225
Side of Liberte Svelte Vanilla yogurt & strawberries.

HPIM9247
With that I’m off for another c25K session. Oh how I missed running!

lynn