Monday, March 29, 2010

Splash of Red

Good Morning Everyone. Can’t believe I’m on the last day of my long weekend already, it really flew by. Not much really planned for the day today – visit to the Farmers Market, out for a run and make lunches for the week. It’s grey and rainy yet again today, what is up with the weather?? Last July was the same way, I thought that Summer was supposed to be sunny!? Silly Mother Nature…I did have a strange dream that it snowed last night but thankfully that was just a dream. :)

Anywho, going back to yesterday~ Decided I was okay with making my WI day, my “treat day” so you will see a few indulgences below!

While we waited for our friends to arrive, I munched on this juicy nectarine.

HPIM7453
We ended up stopping at Subway for lunch on the way into town. I got my usual 6” Veggie ;) Change it up a bit with an added squirt of mayo.

HPIM7454
Side of Plain Baked Lays. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to get these because I really don’t care for them. Kind of like salty card board. I was hungry though.

HPIM7455 HPIM7456


We got lots of errands done yesterday day including picking up shoes for the beautiful bride to be, Holly. Holly has a blog and has joined Amy’s Challenge, so go over and show her some love!!

Ended up stopping to pick some ingredients for homemade pizza and made a trip to the booze store for some wine. Then on the way out, made another stopping for my fav summer treat – waffle cones! Hehe, I’m seriously addicted. I got a small scoop of cotton candy. Yummy!



Once we got home, I whipped up the pizza dough and then cracked open my bottle of Cab Sauv.

HPIM7460
Mmm by the end of the evening you could say that I was fairly relaxed. ;)

HPIM7461
Supper turned out quite well. My half of the pizza was topped with red, green, yellow & orange bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, a little bit of prosciutto, mozza cheese & a sprinkle of feta.

HPIM7472
HPIM7469