Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Favourite Season Is Here!

September 1st already! My favourite month has arrived and what a gorgeous day it was for it! Sunny skies and a nice breeze. On my walk home I just felt so happy and thankful to be out enjoying the beautiful day. Sounds kind corny doesn’t it? :) I’m really hoping J & I are able to get away for a few days sometime over the next month, just to relax and enjoy the lovely outdoors.

In other exciting news Angie was on Live At Five this evening talking about weight loss and the support she received online with blogging/WWs. She did a great interview, very professional and cute at the same time! Lex was awesome enough to put it up on YouTube for everyone to watch, so check it out here!

C25K Update:
I convinced Hubby to join me last night. It was nice to have him there, he has long legs and that pushes me to go faster to keep up with him. But, to be honest it wasn’t challenging at all. I barely worked up a sweat. Amy gave me some advice just to do 2 sets of 10s & 1s so perhaps I’ll go with that tomorrow. Either way, I’m back with the running.

Another day of spectacular eats pour moi! Breaky was an egg sandwich & coffee.

HPIM9182
Whole wheat english muffin with a slice of swiss cheese, egg, tomato slices & baby spinach.

HPIM9185
Same morning snack again – peanut butter oatcake. I was really hungry by 9am, not sure why. Breaky was pretty filling AND I was busy all morning at work so it wasn’t even boredom “hunger.”

HPIM9187
Like I said, famished by Lunch time. I ate and worked at the same time and didn’t really even taste this. (Opps.) Chicken Noodle soup w/ a yummy roll & side salad.

HPIM9188
HPIM9191
I had a small dish of Liberte Svelte Vanilla yogurt for dessert but the pic didn’t come out AND I forgot to snap a pic of the nectarine I had one the way home.

Was a burger & fries kinda night! Don’t worry, healthy versions though. :) For Supper I whipped us up some yummy black bean burgers. (Recipe compliments of Kath) I used – (1) organic black beans, 1/3c diced green pepper, 1/3c diced yellow pepper, 1/3c diced onions, 4 tbsp of flour, hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper & chipotle seasoning.

HPIM9195
Oven Taters – diced potatoes (skins on!) drizzled with olive oil & seasonings. Got the funniest compliment (?) from J, when he said they looked and tasted exactly like the frozen ones. Haha.
HPIM9200