Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Re-Training The Brain

Want to thank everyone for their supportive comments from earlier this morning. You have no idea how much they help with the motivation! I’m really struggling to be in the same place head-wise that I was 2 years ago when following weight watchers was new and exciting and the weight was just falling off. What I realize but need to actually accept is that it could take another 2 years to get the rest of this off. Obviously I need to follow the plan to lose weight but my body probably needs time to adjust too. My main focus has always been on my health and it’s staying that way. I hate the feeling of waking up and still being full from last night’s overeating. That is not who I am anymore. But no matter how many books I read on food addiction and intuitive eating, I will probably still struggle for the rest of my life. I let food rule me for so long that it’s natural instinct to go for food when I’m upset. Re-training the brain is hard work but I’m slowly getting there and slip-ups happen. I’m only human right.

---

Overall was a pretty decent day; got in a nice 30 min walk in the lovely Fall sunshine; am relaxing now and I’m looking forward to the weekend. Originally, I had a bunch of things planned but have decided to forgo some of them and head to my parent’s place in the country for a night away. There is only dial-up available in their area so I will also be taking a little break from my PC too. The only plans I have are to hit up the trail on the way there, make a batch of salsa with Mom and go out for a few runs on the four wheeler with J, oh and maybe an actual run on Sunday morning. :)

Moving on to my eats….Breaky was an egg wrap with a small dish of vanilla yogurt. Mug of steamy Just Us totally made the meal though!

The ww wrap was spread with light herb & garlic cream cheese, topped with organic baby spinach, egg & tomato slices.

HPIM0057
For me, there is no better way to brighten the mood than a great pair of shoes….which is why I wore these lovelies today!

AM snack was a Quaker Caramel Chocolate Chip rice cake. Woulda been better with a smear of peanut butter though.


HPIM0062
For lunch I tried to use up a few things from the cupboard including a can of turkey breast leftover from my Hurricane Bill grocery run. Mixed up the can of turkey breast, 1 tbsp Hellman’s mayo, 1 tbsp craisins and 1 chopped pear and spread over another ww wrap with organic baby spinach. Was yummy and I still have the other half of the mixture for lunch tomorrow.

HPIM0076
Side of the sweet yellow tomatoes. Mmm, love these guys!

HPIM0080 HPIM0078

Juicy watermelon for dessert.

HPIM0082
Was chilly out which made it the perfect time to pull out the last of my Pumpkin Spice tea! I have a few of these left over from last Winter, they are such a treat.

HPIM0069 HPIM0073

Supper was comfort food at its finest! Pan fried scallops with angel hair pasta and mixed veggies topped with homemade cheese sauce.

HPIM0090
HPIM0086
I’m off for another cup of coffee even though I know I shouldn’t because I won’t be able to sleep.