Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Look!

HPIM9445
Our fridge has a decent amount of veggies already but I still stocked up on some fresh blueberries,plums, sweet tomatoes (like the ones I had at Jaime’s on Friday night!) organic garlic,chives, cantaloupe, squash and some cool looking mini squash & zucchini. :)

HPIM9450
I couldn’t resist sampling the fresh scallops for lunch. Cooked up half a pound in a bit of becel. How delicious do these look?! Mmm mmm!

HPIM9466
Used the sweet juicy tomatoes in a side salad as well.

HPIM9468
I spent most of the afternoon baking and now have a freezer full of lunch stuff including peanut butter oatcakes, peanut butter granola bars & rolls. I also tried out a new recipe for oatmeal blueberry lemon muffins. Made a few modifications – used almond breeze instead of milk, 1 whole egg instead of 2 egg whites, 1tbsp of oil instead of 2 and I omitted the topping. Ended up having 2 of these yummy guys for breaky this morning.

HPIM9485
The best part about yesterday was that I went out for a run as planned! :) I’ve definitely decided against re-doing C25K again, instead I did 10:1 intervals as Amy suggested. All went well, I wasn’t gasping for breath. So glad that I haven’t lost the ability to run, I really was afraid of that. My new plan now is to increase by one set each week, so this week I will be doing 3x10:1 for a total of 3 days. Should work out perfectly to start Half training mid-October!

HPIM9480
So, I’m off to clean, clean, clean. Opps and I was supposed to mow the lawn. Eck! We have quite a busy week coming up, only a 3 day work week. Both of us took Friday off to help Holly & Dean with the final wedding errands and then Saturday is the big day! I’m really excited!!

Anyways, that’s all for now!