Saturday, March 13, 2010

Going With The Flow

Sometimes it just happens. You follow your plan all week and then an unavoidable, last minute invitation is extended. Last night was the perfect example.

We had to meet MIL to do a bunch of errands at Access Nova Scotia. I really did start the night off with such great intentions I tell ya! Beforehand I had picked up Subway so that we could have some supper before heading over to Nubodys for a sweat session after the paper work was complete. It’s nearing the end of my week. I had no WAP’s remaining and only 8 of my daily points left; my 6” veggie and baked lays would’ve been perfect. However, instead of that we ended up at Steak and Stein with MIL & BIL.

steal2
I was HUNGRY and tried to make the healthiest choice possible. I ordered a single Del Monico Derby-style steak with the garden salad. By it self, not that bad. But the meal was taking forever, so I had a piece of cheese garlic bread while we waited. And the small roll on my plate may have also been another innocent causality. Sorry guys, no food pics tonight.

steak1

It was a rare opportunity for us all to get together and we had a great time catching up and discussing the upcoming holidays.

But two hours later I was hungry again and the poor veggie sub didn’t stand a chance. Not just a little hungry either but real hungry.(I did check and try and listen to my body.) I need to dig out the tracker to be sure, but my best estimate is that I’m over by 10-15 points.

I know this post feels a bit negative but it’s actually not. Last night was a positive experience for me because I was able to chalk it up to life. Life happens. In this rollarcoaster ride that is weight loss there will always be situations that are out of your control. It’s what you do next that matters.

Therefore, my plan today is just to stay focused, on track, eat the best foods for my body, chug the h20 and get in some type of workout this evening.

I’m not worrying and I’m not punishing myself. I was hungry so I ate. If I have a small gain this week then so be it. Means I will work a little harder next week.

Happy Friday!