Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Healthy Balance

Sometimes I wonder if I have too many goals and not enough focus.

I want to do a lot why my life. Lose the weight, excel at my job, run a half marathon (full too!), be an awesome wife, daughter, sister & friend… you get the point. So I’ve set all these goals for myself, most with deadlines. But have I spread myself so thin that I’ve managed to lose all focus? Ok not lose it, but by putting a little bit of focus on this and a little bit on that it only seems be make the goals less and less attainable after each passing week.

I guess you could say that I’m struggling to maintain a healthy balance. The past few months my calendar has been jam packed, there have been very few weekends that we’ve stayed home. I know being on the go constantly is one of the key reasons that I’m not reaching my weight loss goal as fast as I want. At the moment I feel that goal needs to be my main priority so I’m going to try and cut back on commitments. Simple as that.

So starting right now, it’s time to focus 100% on me. :)