Saturday, March 6, 2010

It’s Only Noon…

and I already have a freezer full of veggie chili, peanut butter oatcakes (recipe here) cooling, rolls fresh out of the oven and curried cauliflower soup all ready for lunch!

HPIM9088 HPIM9091

HPIM9097 HPIM9087

Plus the kitchen is in fairly decent shape. Whoot, love it when I have productive days like these! Lunch-wise we are all ready for another work week. Planning/Prepping always making it so much easier to stay on track.

Speaking of staying on track, got in an hour of HI cardio last night as planned. Did 15 mins of incline training on the dreadmill then switched to running for the last 15. I was able to easily run, which is quite a relief. Finished up with another 30 mins on the elliptical.

I’m still going to take the running slow though so that I’m fully prepared for the Half. Registration opens online the day after my b-day so that will be my present to myself.

Unfortunately, even though I was within my points the scale showed me up 0.6 lbs this morning. No biggie really, should just make for a bigger loss next week.

For breaky, I whipped us up some blueberry pancakes. The recipe is pretty basic – 1/2c ww flour, 1/2c flour, 2tsp baking powder, 1tbsp brown sugar, 1c unsweetened vanilla almond breeze, 1 egg white & 1/2c blueberries. Topped with Pure Nova Scotia Maple Syrup and a side of fresh JustUs! Mmm mmm.

HPIM9070 HPIM9064

Lunch was a bowl of the curried cauliflower with honey soup. I was searching for simple cauliflower recipes yesterday because I had half of one that needed to be used and stumbled upon this FANTASTIC recipe! I literally licked the bowl clean. ;) Perfect Fall meal, will definitely be making this again.

HPIM9103
Of course I had to taste the fresh rolls! The soup was really thick so they were perfect for dipping.

HPIM9110
HPIM9100
Plans for the rest of the day include working out, doing some laundry and then relaxing. J is going to a bachelor party tonight, so the bride-to be & I will be hanging out this evening waiting for the drunken call to go get the boys. ;)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

lynn