Friday, January 14, 2011

Breastfeeding mothers: What do you do to get back in shape after baby?

Breastfeeding mothers: What do you do to get back in shape after baby?

I am starting to reduce my portions, cook more whole foods and veggies and less pre-packaged things, but I am not focusing on caloric intake because I want to keep things as normal as possible to provide proper nutrients for my baby. I am drinking lots of water, I am working out at least 6 days a week, walking lots (by force really, we don't own a car) am starting to notice a huge difference in my shape but only 2 pounds difference in my weight (since I started working out, that is, which wasn't very long ago).

What has worked best for you? How much weight/inches/whatever have you successfully lost and how long did it take you to do so?

Please include any tips you think are useful. I know I'm doing lots already but I'm always open to new ideas and don't know many other moms with this kind of experience.

Much appreciated.