Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm a 16 year old male, am I still growing?

I'm a 16 year old male, am I still growing?

Well I'm a male, I just turned 16 recently and I am very concerned that Ive stopped growing. The last time I can recall growing was a month or two after turning 15 (my birthday is in December) it was when I went from 5'8-5'10"1/2. But after that I haven't grown at all... originally I thought I had gain an inch around midyear because whenever I got measured I got around 180cm (I got 182cm with 2cm tall heeled shoes and 186cm with my runners), so one day I was sick and went to the hospital for a checkup so they took my height and I was shocked to find out that I was still the same height so I got somewhat depressed but my mom kept telling me that the nurse that was measuring me was too short and she couldn't reach the top of my head so the thing that was resting on my head was slanting and thats why the measurement was wrong... anyway the point is that I haven't gain any height for 10 months If I'm 178cm and if I'm 5'11 I haven't gain any height for about 8-9months...I'm the only "tall" boy in my class that is under 6ft...I feel left out XD, all I really want is to be 6.2ft or at the least 6ft before I stop growing...I would be pissed to find out that Ive stopped growing at an age where most teenage males continue to grow, since I'm only 8/10cm from reaching my goal. Ive did my research and tried almost everything (that I can do) that is supposed to increase height and nothing works...I drink two big glasses of milk everyday and swam everyday for 2 months straight and another time for 3 months straight...not even 1cm... can someone please help me with this? Is it normal for growth to pause like this? Or have I already stopped growing (I hope not D=).
Sorry for the long explanation I tend to ramble on ^^ If you actually read everything Thanks for reading it and please help me out.