Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm struggling so much to lose weight and I really don't know what to do?

I'm struggling so much to lose weight and I really don't know what to do?

I have polycystic ovaries and insulin resistance.

I'm not interested in "fad" diet or any such thing.

What's frustrating is I am now eating approximately 800-1200 calories a day. If I eat any more than that I start to put on weight!! I cannot possibly cut any more food out of my daily diet. I have breakfast, lunch and dinner and never snack or eat in the evening after my main meal.

I have spoken to my doctor on numerous occasions regarding this and have had my thyroid checked to make sure it's not that.

I'm on Metformin and have lost a little weight since going on that but my doctor has cut the dosage down to see if it was the Metformin that was causing the weight loss or if it was natural. Since the dosage has gone down I have put on a couple of pounds.

Is there something in particular I need to cut out? I don't know if I'm simply eating the wrong things (because of the insulin resistance I don't know if there are certain things I just shouldn't eat) tho I don't eat any fried food, chips, chocolate, crisps etc. I always eat wholewheat or brown bread, low fat spreads etc.

Please help!!! I'm getting so annoyed as I already have low energy levels from having such a low calorie intake :(

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Bulk up your meals with veggies if you're feeling hungry. I divide my plate in 4 parts. 1 part protein, 1 part grain, and 2 parts veggies, sometimes 3 parts veggies and leave out the grain or protein. I make soups at home with fat free lower sodium chicken broth and loaded with celery, carrots and other vegetables and either eat that by itself or I'll add boiled chicken or brown rice to it to make it more hearty. For breakfast, I'll eat eggwhite omelets with spinach, onions, mushrooms, shredded parmesan cheese and salsa. Veggies are a great way to fill yourself up without filling yourself out.