Friday, January 14, 2011

When do you start noticing weight loss from cardio?

When do you start noticing weight loss from cardio?

I started jumping rope on Saturday. I read in an article that it was more effective than jogging. I jump for 30 minutes everyday. I'm 5' 4". I'm 127 and I've lost about 3 pounds since Saturday but I am not seeing changes in my body. I know this takes a lot of times, months even. But does any one know an exact amount of time? What can I do for faster results?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

At your height and weight, you may notice a few pounds more of loss, but the main difference is going to be in your body composition. This will probably take anywhere from 4 weeks to start seeing results, to 3 months to notice a significant change. Your caloric intake as well as strength training (highly recommended) and activity level (other than working out) will all alter the amount of time it will take to see a significant change.

I would recommend taking body measurements. This will be much more effective in determining any sort of progress. There are too many factors that can determine the numbers on the scale and very few of them will have anything to do with your appearance. This includes hydration, fecal accumulation etc, additionally muscle mass will increase your weight or at the very least keep you from seeing a downward progression in weight.