Friday, January 14, 2011

Does throwing up right after you eat hurt your calorie intake?

Does throwing up right after you eat hurt your calorie intake?

I'm freaking out. I've started being really adamant about keeping a food diary and trying to maintain a 1200 calorie a day limit. Today, I had a great day in terms of staying within my range, when I had a craving for carrots as a snack after I ate my dinner. I ate about half a bag of baby carrots and got so nauseous that I threw up. What's scaring me is that I could see my dinner in my vomit. I've read about your body going into starvation mode and slowing down your metabolism if you go below 1200 calories a day. So what happened when I threw up? Am I screwed? I really didn't feel hungry after throwing up, so I'm worried that I messed up my food diary now. Do I subtract my dinner, or divide the calories, or what? Please help! I know this is just one day and tomorrow I will be fine, but I cannot sleep until I know how the digestive process works.

And why did raw carrots make me sick? I thought they were supposed to be a smart food or something. Not even the greasiest steakhouse burger got me that sick. Sorry for the rant. Also, I'm 223 lbs, 5'4 if that means anything.